Pages

May 16, 2012

Did you know that I was an addict?

Hi! My name is Anne and I was an addict.

Have you heard of Empire Avenue?

If you haven't, you've probably been living under a rock.

Or maybe you just have a life outside blogging, unlike someone I know (ahem).

So here's the deal:

Sharon and Becky introduced me to the darn thing. And so I thought, hey, it's a great way to drive traffic to my parenting blog. I'm in!

If you're still scratching your head wondering what Empire Avenue is, it's basically social media on steroids.

And it isn't for me.

You have to do numerous activities to keep your stock price from spiraling down into a pitiful number. Aside from that, I just can't seem to make enough money (eaves, as they call it there) to sustain myself.

Now you're thinking:

"What could I possibly learn from your rant?"

Well, two things:
  • Social media works. It helps give you exposure BUT if you suck at it and it requires quite a bit of your time, 
  • Stick to the old methods of getting traffic to your blog 
I'm not quitting Empire Avenue (just yet) but at least I'm sober.

Now more of my time will be spent on productive things that work for me.

Question: What are YOU doing that isn't working?

Oh...that...(Just read it your mind)

Ditch it!

Now. :)